The Open Sea
1904 William Henry Holmes Born: Cadiz, Ohio 1846 Died: Royal Oak, Michigan 1933 watercolor sight 10 1/4 x 14 1/4 in. (26.0 x 36.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Dr. Anna Bartsch Dunne 1962.4.11 Not currently on view
Waterscape - sea
About William Henry Holmes
Born: Cadiz, Ohio 1846 Died: Royal Oak, Michigan 1933
More works in the collection by
William Henry Holmes
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: SAAM Arcade: Let the Video Games Begin
- Eye Level: One Artist/One Object: Ubaldo Vitali's Silver Lining
- Eye Level: Lino Tagliapietra: Wedded to Glass
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Hiroshi Sugimoto (Part II)
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Imagining Migration ...
- Eye Level: Stephanie Stebich Appointed New SAAM Director
- Eye Level: Picture This: A Photo by Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Judith Schaechter's The Birth of ...