ca. 1935-1939 Gerrit Hondius Born: Kampen, Netherlands 1891 Died: Hyannis, Massachusetts 1970 oil on canvas 24 1/4 x 30 1/8 in. (61.6 x 76.5 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the Internal Revenue Service through the General Services Administration 1962.8.80 Not currently on view
Animal - cattle
Architecture Exterior - detail - fence
Architecture Exterior - farm
Figure male - full length
Landscape - road
Occupation - farm - animal husbandry
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - New York City
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Gerrit Hondius
Born: Kampen, Netherlands 1891 Died: Hyannis, Massachusetts 1970
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisition: On The Road with Allan D' ...
- Eye Level: American Art Road Trip
- Eye Level: Curator's Travel Journal
- Eye Level: Light
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level: Jackson and Me
- Eye Level: Plastics in Pop Art Prints
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: Conserving a ...
- Eye Level: Pride or Prejudice?