Smithsonian Institution Building
ca. 1933-1943 Charles Hoover Born: Washington, District of Columbia 1897 Died: Washington, District of Columbia 1969 oil on canvas 30 1/8 x 40 in. (76.4 x 101.6 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the Internal Revenue Service through the General Services Administration 1962.8.89 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - art building - Smithsonian Institution
Architecture - vehicle - carriage
Cityscape - District of Columbia - Washington
Recreation - sport and play - fishing
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - Washington, D.C.
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Charles Hoover
Born: Washington, District of Columbia 1897 Died: Washington, District of Columbia 1969
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: From Defense to Decoration: the Renwick Gallery ...
- Eye Level: Pomp and Circumstance
- Eye Level: The Initiative
- Eye Level: Smithsonian Archives Month: Finding a Painting of ...
- Eye Level: Night at the Museum II: Escape from the ...
- Eye Level: Conservation of Alexander Calder's Gwenfritz
- Eye Level: Saving Outdoor Sculpture
- Eye Level: Stephanie Stebich Appointed New SAAM Director
- Eye Level: Yasuo Kuniyoshi as Artist
- Eye Level: Jazz Appreciation Month: A Tribute to Dave ...