ca. 1921-1922 John C. Johansen Born: Copenhagen, Denmark 1876 Died: New Canaan, Connecticut 1964 oil on canvas 30 1/8 x 35 1/4 in. (76.5 x 89.5 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Bequest of Henry Ward Ranger through the National Academy of Design 1978.61 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - castle - Versailles Palace
History - France - Versailles, Treaty of
Landscape - time - evening
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About John C. Johansen
Born: Copenhagen, Denmark 1876 Died: New Canaan, Connecticut 1964
More works in the collection by
John C. Johansen
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Clarice Smith Lecture: Richard Lacayo on the Art of ...
- Eye Level: Design Front and Center at Luce
- Eye Level: Preserving the Parlor's Pictures
- Eye Level: Luce Design: Five Questions with Street Artist ...
- Eye Level: Responsive Architecture
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: A Confederate ...
- Eye Level: George Inness and I
- Eye Level: A Humorous Streak to The Art of Romaine Brooks
- Eye Level: 1934 All Over Again
- Eye Level: Designing an Exhibition Gallery