Portrait of William H. Johnson
ca. 1930-1938 Attributed to William H. Johnson Born: Florence, South Carolina 1901 Died: Central Islip, New York 1970 pen and ink and watercolor with pencil on paper 11 1/8 x 8 1/4 in. (28.1 x 21.1 cm) irregular Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Harmon Foundation 1967.59.490 Not currently on view
Figure male - waist length
Occupation - art - painter
Portrait male - Johnson, William H. - self-portrait
paint - watercolor
paper - wove paper
Born: Florence, South Carolina 1901 Died: Central Islip, New York 1970
More works in the collection by
Attributed to William H. Johnson
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: William H. Johnson
- Eye Level: Q and Art: William H. Johnson and the WPA ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Imagining Migration ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Its Close-up: Flowers by William H. ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: African American Artists
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (9): Flowers in December
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut, Part II
- Eye Level: Our New Museum Stores
- Eye Level: Harlem Heroes and Black History Month
- Eye Level: Collecting African American Art