1973 James Kearns Born: Scranton, Pennsylvania 1924 charcoal, crayon, and pastel on paper sheet: 72 x 48 1/8 in. (183.0 x 122.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Sara Roby Foundation 1985.30.31 Not currently on view
Ethnic - African-American
Figure female - full length
Occupation - art - model
crayon - pastel
paper - wove paper
About James Kearns
Born: Scranton, Pennsylvania 1924
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In this Case: Patent Models
- Eye Level: A Window into the Lives of Artists' Models
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (11): Model Drinking Coffee
- Eye Level: In This Case: Luis Jimnez's Model for "Fiesta"
- Eye Level: Just Plain Folk: On Norman Rockwell's Models
- Eye Level: A Model Gallery
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Liberty
- Eye Level: 3D Scanning: The 21st-Century Equivalent to a ...
- Eye Level: Philadelphia Story: Gary Wills on Thomas Eakins
- Eye Level: Finding a 19th Century Shortcut: The Body Casting ...