ca. 1845-1847 John Frederick Kensett Born: Cheshire, Connecticut 1816 Died: New York, New York 1872 pencil and watercolor on paper sheet: 11 1/4 x 8 5/8 in. (28.7 x 21.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1979.17 Not currently on view
Dress - historic
Figure male - full length
Occupation - art - artist
paint - watercolor
paper - j. whatman
About John Frederick Kensett
Born: Cheshire, Connecticut 1816 Died: New York, New York 1872
More works in the collection by
John Frederick Kensett
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: American Art Sculpture
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games: Five Questions for Chris ...
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (17): Art and Healing
- Eye Level: A Day Without Art/A Day With Art
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The Eyes Have It
- Eye Level: American Art Museum Helping Out in Haiti
- Eye Level: The Lucelia Artist Award: Matthew Coolidge of the ...
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (2): Art and Love
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Thayer's Stevenson ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: African American Artists