1950 Gyorgy Kepes Born: Selyp, Hungary 1906 Died: Cambridge, Massachusetts 2001 oil and sand on fabric: canvas 59 7/8 x 20 1/8 in. (152.2 x 51.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Eric F. Green 1968.114 Not currently on view
About Gyorgy Kepes
Born: Selyp, Hungary 1906 Died: Cambridge, Massachusetts 2001
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: George Washington Wearing a Toga?
- Eye Level: It's a Win-Win Situation
- Eye Level: Jean Shin
- Eye Level: A Trophy for the Installation
- Eye Level: Shin Exhibition Backstory: Trophy Lives
- Eye Level: Site Specific
- Eye Level: Cleaning Up Our Cowboy
- Eye Level: Annie Leibovitz's State of the Union
- Eye Level: 300 Hours and One Legendary Artwork
- Beyond Granite: Global Approaches to Public Art ...