Technique, from the Early Series
1938 Gyorgy Kepes Born: Selyp, Hungary 1906 Died: Cambridge, Massachusetts 2001 photomontage with gouache on paperboard sheet: 19 1/4 x 15 in. (48.7 x 38 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Container Corporation of America 1984.124.158 Not currently on view
Allegory - arts and sciences - industry
Still life - other - container
paint - gouache
readymade - photograph
About Gyorgy Kepes
Born: Selyp, Hungary 1906 Died: Cambridge, Massachusetts 2001
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Silhouettes
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Raphael Montañez ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Chris Melissinos, Curator for ...
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The Monotype
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Why Are There Holes ...
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: David Smith Sculpture
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games: Five Questions for Chris ...
- Eye Level: Plastics in Pop Art Prints
- Eye Level: Q and Art: American Art's Three-Way Portrait