1885 James King Copy after Felix Octavius Carr Darley Born: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1822 Died: Claymont, Delaware 1888 hand-colored engraving image: 8 1/4 x 12 in. (20.8 x 30.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Charles Dipple in memory of Louis F. Bohne 1968.53.5 Not currently on view
Animal - horse
Ethnic - Indian
Figure group - male
Object - weapon - spear
State of being - evil - violence
graphic arts - print
engraving - hand-colored
About James King
Born: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1822 Died: Claymont, Delaware 1888
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Close Encounters with Nam June Paik
- Eye Level: American Art Education
- Eye Level: Computers and Art
- Eye Level: Art in America (by way of France)
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Michael Maglaras, Director of ...
- Eye Level: Museum Education
- Eye Level: April 2017
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...