Strong Woman and Child
1925 Yasuo Kuniyoshi Born: Okayama, Japan 1889 Died: New York, New York 1953 oil on canvas 57 1/4 x 44 7/8 in. (145.4 x 114.0 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Sara Roby Foundation 1986.6.50 Not currently on view
Figure group - female and child
Object - other - flag
Performing arts - circus - strong man
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
fabric - linen - support added
About Yasuo Kuniyoshi
Born: Okayama, Japan 1889 Died: New York, New York 1953
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Celebrating The First Lady of ...
- Eye Level: American Muralist Tom Lea
- Eye Level: Five Questions: A Sing-Along with Wyckham Avery
- Eye Level: What's LOVE Got to do with it?: Barbara Haskell on ...
- Eye Level: Gaman: FDR and the Japanese American ...
- Eye Level: Mysteries Brought to Light at Lunder's ...
- Eye Level: Safire's Spreadsheet
- Eye Level: Fathers and Sons: Ralph and Marc Fasanella
- Eye Level: 40 under 40: Q & A with Curator Nicholas Bell