n.d. Jean Paul Laurens Born: Fourquevoux, Haute-Garonne, France 1838 Died: Paris, France 1921 charcoal 13 1/2 x 8 in. (34.3 x 20.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Republic of France 1915.11.43 Not currently on view
Dress - uniform - military uniform
Figure male - full length
Object - weapon - gun
Occupation - military - soldier
About Jean Paul Laurens
Born: Fourquevoux, Haute-Garonne, France 1838 Died: Paris, France 1921
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Veteran Photography
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: The Power of ...
- Eye Level: War and Paint: Art of the Civil War
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: American Art Meets Desperate Housewives
- Eye Level: Walt Whitman's Specimen Days
- Eye Level: Collecting African American Art
- The Coming Storm: Civil War
- Eye Level: Steven Spielberg on Norman Rockwell and the ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: How Do You Clean the Kogod ...