ca. 1935-1943 Howard Taft Lorenz Born: 1906 Died: Los Angeles, California 1956 oil on canvas 42 x 36 in. (106.7 x 91.4 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from General Services Administration 1971.447.61 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - domestic
Occupation - writer - poet
Recreation - leisure - smoking
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - New York City
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Howard Taft Lorenz
Born: 1906 Died: Los Angeles, California 1956
More works in the collection by
Howard Taft Lorenz
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Threads That Connect the Stars: Poet Martín ...
- Eye Level: Maya Lin, Prose Poet
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: Etcetera
- Eye Level: Ann Truitt: Poetry in Stillness
- Eye Level: Transcending Time
- Eye Level: Why I Am Not a Painter: on Michael Goldberg's ...
- Eye Level: On "1934," a Poem by Philip Levine
- Eye Level: The Ryder Moon
- Eye Level: Museum: A Tale of Art, Life and Everything In ...