Portrait of a Man
early 19th century Attributed to Jacob Maentel Born: Kassel, Germany 1763 Died: New Harmony, Indiana 1863 watercolor, heightened with white, on paper 8 7/8 x 5 5/8 in. (22.6 x 14.4 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.179 Not currently on view
Portrait male - unidentified
paint - watercolor
paper - wove paper
Born: Kassel, Germany 1763 Died: New Harmony, Indiana 1863
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: GameFest: A Pac-Man Family Portrait
- Eye Level: Charles Willson Peale: The Man in Front of the ...
- Eye Level: Film: James Castle: Portrait of an Artist
- Eye Level: Stephen Colbert Hung at the National Portrait ...
- Eye Level: Fabricating for an Exhibition: Jim Baxter and ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: Let Them Eat [Cup]cake!
- Eye Level: Carl Van Vechten: Harlem Heroes
- Eye Level: Katz 'n Crew
- Eye Level: The Initiative