1852 William Marsh oil on canvas 30 1/4 x 42 3/8 in. (76.8 x 107.5 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Alfred Bornmann in memory of her father, Frederick Boesen 1950.6.16 Not currently on view
Architecture - boat - Great Western
Architecture - boat - sailing ship
Waterscape - sea
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About William Marsh
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: 1934 All Over Again
- Eye Level: How The West Was Framed: The Survey ...
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions: A Sing-Along with Wyckham Avery
- Eye Level: Stephanie Stebich Appointed New SAAM Director
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut?
- Eye Level: American Muralist Tom Lea
- Eye Level: Why I Am Not a Painter: on Michael Goldberg's ...
- Eye Level: Seeing Double: On Multiplicity