modeled ca. 1862-1863 Larkin Goldsmith Mead Born: Chesterfield, New Hampshire 1835 Died: Florence, Italy 1910 marble 36 3/4 x 15 x 10 5/8 in. (93.3 x 38.2 x 27.0 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Thomas W. Evans Collection 1983.101.1 Not currently on view
Allegory - passion - grief
Mythology - classical - Echo
stone - marble
About Larkin Goldsmith Mead
Born: Chesterfield, New Hampshire 1835 Died: Florence, Italy 1910
More works in the collection by
Larkin Goldsmith Mead
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Seeing Things
- For the Love of Gene Davis | Smithsonian American Art ...
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games Departs!
- Eye Level: New Acquisition: Abstract Landscape by Felrath ...
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (16): Time and the Photographic ...
- Eye Level: Music to My Ears
- Eye Level: Reading Into the Throne: On James Hampton's ...
- Eye Level: Prufbox
- Eye Level: Wing and a Prayer: Birds in Contemporary Art