Portrait of a Woman
first half of 19th century Zedekiah Belknap Born: Ward, Massachusetts 1781 Died: Weathersfield, Vermont 1858 oil on canvas 26 7/8 x 21 7/8 in. (68.3 x 55.6 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.99 Not currently on view
Portrait female - unidentified
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Zedekiah Belknap
Born: Ward, Massachusetts 1781 Died: Weathersfield, Vermont 1858
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Portraits of Women Artists
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Anna Claypoole Peale
- Eye Level: Help Identify Ms. Nameless Artist
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut, Part II
- Eye Level: Museum: A Tale of Art, Life and Everything In ...
- Eye Level: Erica Hirshler: Looking at John Singer Sargent
- Eye Level: Romaine Brooks: Body of Work