ca. 1940 Carl Gustaf Nelson Born: Hörby, Sweden 1898 Died: Elmhurst, Illinois 1988 pen and ink and watercolor on paper mounted on paperboard sheet: 18 7/8 x 23 7/8 in. (48.1 x 60.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the General Services Administration 1974.28.254 Not currently on view
Still life - flower
New Deal - Treasury Section of Painting and Sculpture
About Carl Gustaf Nelson
Born: Hörby, Sweden 1898 Died: Elmhurst, Illinois 1988
More works in the collection by
Carl Gustaf Nelson
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Manhattan in Black and White and Color
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (9): Flowers in December
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: Drawing on Love: Artists' Love Letters
- Eye Level: On Thornton Dial (1928-2016)
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: It Takes a Pueblo: Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Godly Susan
- Eye Level: Irving Penn: The Painter's Eye