Born: Cody, Wyoming 1912
Died: East Hampton, New York 1956
oil on fiberboard 15 1/8 x 20 3/4 in. (38.3 x 52.7 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Thomas Hart Benton
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 34A
Animal - mule
History - United States - westward expansion
Landscape - celestial - moon
Landscape - mountain
Landscape - time - night
paint - oil
About Jackson Pollock
Born: Cody, Wyoming 1912 Died: East Hampton, New York 1956
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: How The West Was Framed: The Survey ...
- Eye Level: Jackson and Me
- Eye Level: The Lonesome, Crowded West
- Eye Level: Applying Comics
- Eye Level: Family Ties at the Renwick Gallery
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level: New Acquisition: On The Road with Allan D' ...
- Eye Level: American Muralist Tom Lea
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (Plus One) with ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Baby Bry Bry