1848-1850 Hiram Powers Born: Woodstock, Vermont 1805 Died: Florence, Italy 1873 plaster 89 1/8 x 35 1/8 x 16 7/8 in. (226.5 x 89.3 x 42.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase in memory of Ralph Cross Johnson 1968.155.4 Not currently on view
Allegory - place - America
Dress - historic - classical dress
Figure female - full length
Figure female - nude
Study - sculpture model
About Hiram Powers
Born: Woodstock, Vermont 1805 Died: Florence, Italy 1873
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Our America: The Legacy of a King
- Eye Level: Listen In To Our America Podcasts
- Eye Level: Our America: Radiante
- Eye Level: Art in America
- Eye Level: Picture This: Our America Travels to The Frost Art ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: Open Today: Our America: The Latino Presence in ...
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: Our America: The Legacy of ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...