modeled 1841-1843 Hiram Powers Born: Woodstock, Vermont 1805 Died: Florence, Italy 1873 plaster 13 3/4 x 7 x 10 3/4 in. (35.0 x 17.7 x 27.4 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase in memory of Ralph Cross Johnson 1968.155.109 Not currently on view
Figure female - head
History - ancient - Greece
Occupation - other - slave
State of being - evil - imprisonment
Study - sculpture model
About Hiram Powers
Born: Woodstock, Vermont 1805 Died: Florence, Italy 1873
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Conservation: Cleaning Hiram Powers' Greek ...
- Eye Level: Art Bird Watching: Fun For the Whole Flock in Any ...
- Eye Level: Hiram Powers' The Greek Slave at The Crystal ...
- Eye Level: Finding a 19th Century Shortcut: The Body Casting ...
- Eye Level: Watch This: Ghosts of New York
- Eye Level: American Art Sculpture
- Eye Level: 3D Scanning: The 21st-Century Equivalent to a ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Craft in a Different Light
- Eye Level: Abraham Thomas: New Curator-in-Charge at ...
- Eye Level: Symposium: Shifting Terrain: Mapping a ...