modeled 1860-1862 Hiram Powers Born: Woodstock, Vermont 1805 Died: Florence, Italy 1873 plaster 76 3/4 x 25 5/8 x 16 5/8 in. (195.1 x 65.0 x 42.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase in memory of Ralph Cross Johnson 1968.155.5 Not currently on view
Occupation - political - president
Portrait male - Jefferson, Thomas - full length
Study - sculpture model
About Hiram Powers
Born: Woodstock, Vermont 1805 Died: Florence, Italy 1873
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Q and Art: American Art's Three-Way Portrait
- Eye Level: Mt. Rushmore: Seventy Years Old and We've Got ...
- Eye Level: A Special American Art July 4th Anniversary
- Eye Level: Best of the Web
- Eye Level: Take 5! Storytellers and Crooners
- Eye Level: Five Questions for Basket Collectors Martha Ware ...
- Eye Level: Collecting African American Art
- Eye Level: Picture This: Yes, the Real Thing is This Beautiful!
- Eye Level: Charles Willson Peale: The Man in Front of the ...
- Eye Level: Saving Outdoor Sculpture