after 1866 Attributed to Longworth Powers Born: Cincinnati, Ohio 1835 Died: Florence, Italy 1904 plaster 25 5/8 x 20 x 11 in. (65.1 x 50.9 x 27.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase in memory of Ralph Cross Johnson 1968.155.84 Not currently on view
Occupation - art - artist
Portrait male - Powers, Hiram - bust
Portrait male - Powers, Hiram - nude
Study - sculpture model
Born: Cincinnati, Ohio 1835 Died: Florence, Italy 1904
More works in the collection by
Attributed to Longworth Powers
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Hiram Powers' The Greek Slave at The Crystal ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Pioneers of the West
- Eye Level: Conservation: Cleaning Hiram Powers' Greek ...
- Eye Level: Alexander Calder's Nenuphar
- Eye Level: Finding a 19th Century Shortcut: The Body Casting ...
- Eye Level: Our Next Handi-Hour: Paint Pen Mugs
- Eye Level: American Art Sculpture
- Eye Level: 3D Scanning: The 21st-Century Equivalent to a ...
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Why Are There Holes ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Craft in a Different Light