The Four Seasons
1923 William Clarke Rice Born: Brooklyn, New York 1875 Died: New York, New York 1928 oil on fabric: canvas mounted on linen 24 7/8 x 52 7/8 in. (63.3 x 134.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Melvin S. Brotman 1977.99.1 Not currently on view
Allegory - season - autumn
Allegory - season - spring
Allegory - season - summer
Allegory - season - winter
Figure(s) in exterior - rural
About William Clarke Rice
Born: Brooklyn, New York 1875 Died: New York, New York 1928
More works in the collection by
William Clarke Rice
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Comments at an Exhibition: Visitors Respond to ...
- Eye Level: "Movies at SAAM" Continues This Fall
- Eye Level: Teresita Fernndez: Bamboo Cinema, Blind ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Halloween Costumes
- Eye Level: "Movies at SAAM" Series Continues
- Eye Level: Handi-Hour: Q&A with Katie Crooks
- Eye Level: Five Questions (+1) with Michael Heaston of the ...