Signs of the City
ca. 1935-1943 Dan Rico Born: Rochester, New York 1912 Died: Los Angeles, California, 1985 wood engraving on paper image: 8 x 6 in. (20.3 x 15.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Jean Nichols 1974.38.89 Not currently on view
Architecture - vehicle - cart
Occupation - vendor
Still life - fruit
Still life - other - sign
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - New York City
graphic arts - print
paper - wove paper
About Dan Rico
Born: Rochester, New York 1912 Died: Los Angeles, California, 1985
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: Neon Golden
- Eye Level: Thirty Dozen Doughnuts: Thirty Dozen Taxis
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Stephanie ...
- Eye Level: Donald Sultan's Disaster Paintings
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: William H. Johnson
- Eye Level: Footprints and Thumbprints: Robert Rauschenberg ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: 5 Questions with Irreversible ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Imagining Migration ...
- Eye Level: Folk and Self-Taught Art, Now in the Luce Center