ca. 1860-1870 Attributed to Leon Marcotte Born: Valognes, France 1824 Died: Paris, France 1887 Attributed to Alexander Roux Born: France Died: 1886 wood: rosewood and ceramic: porcelain 47 1/8 x 57 1/2 x 17 1/2 in. (119.7 x 146.0 x 44.5 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1970.358 Not currently on view
Object - furniture - chest
decorative arts - furniture
ceramic - porcelain
wood - rosewood
Born: Valognes, France 1824 Died: Paris, France 1887
Born: France Died: 1886
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: A Conversation ...
- Eye Level: The Lonesome, Crowded West
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Picture This: SAAM Arcade 2017
- Eye Level: Charles Willson Peale: The Man in Front of the ...
- Museum Podcasts – Something of Splendor: Decorative Arts ...
- Eye Level: Featuring Birds
- Eye Level: Experience the Smithsonian AIDS Memorial Quilt ...
- Eye Level: Sportsman's Camo
- Eye Level: District of Play: DC's Vibrant Video Game Scene