n.d. Paul Sample Born: Louisville, Kentucky 1896 Died: Hanover, New Hampshire 1974 acrylic on canvas 20 x 30 in. (50.8 x 76.2 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. Philip Desind in memory of May Desind Fisher 1986.90.4 Not currently on view
Animal - horse
Architecture - vehicle - cart
Landscape - plain
State of being - mood - desolation
paint - acrylic
fabric - canvas
About Paul Sample
Born: Louisville, Kentucky 1896 Died: Hanover, New Hampshire 1974
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: What's LOVE Got to do with it?: Barbara Haskell on ...
- Eye Level: Folk and Self-Taught Art, Now in the Luce Center
- Eye Level: The Clay's the Thing
- Eye Level: The Initiative
- Eye Level: Martha Graham and Isamu Noguchi: Cave of the ...
- Eye Level: Second Life Meets First Life
- Eye Level: In the News: Report on Smithsonian Arts
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Stuart Davis
- Eye Level: Cory Arcangel and Media Arts at American Art