Why not learn to write?
June 11, 1866 J. C. Saterlee pen and ink on joined sheets of paper 28 x 76 1/4 in. (71.1 x 193.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.195 Not currently on view
Animal - lion
Travel - land - carriage
paper - wove paper
About J. C. Saterlee
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Learning to Teach through Art Technology
- Eye Level: Party Like It's 1865!
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Superhighway Scholars: Calling all 4th Graders
- Eye Level: Jackson and Me
- Eye Level: You Say You Want a Revolution
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: A Couple of Questions with Four ...
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (1)
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Thanksgiving Edition, A Pilgrim Tale
- Eye Level: Take Me Out to the Museum: Baseball Family Day ...