1915-1918 H. Lyman Saÿen Born: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1875 Died: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1918 watercolor on paper mounted on paperboard sheet: 9 3/8 x 10 in. (23.9 x 25.4 cm) irregular Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of H. Lyman Sayen to his nation 1968.19.11 Not currently on view
Figure - child - full length
Object - furniture - chair
Object - written matter - book
Recreation - leisure - reading
paint - watercolor
About H. Lyman Saÿen
Born: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1875 Died: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1918
More works in the collection by
H. Lyman Saÿen
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Meet Me at Midnight
- Eye Level: Seen and Not Heard: Kerry James Marshall
- Eye Level: Speaking of Pictures: Abbott Handerson Thayer
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: William H. Johnson
- Eye Level: How to Keep the Lil' Ones Entertained: Bison ...
- Eye Level: A Healing Machine for the Elementary School ...
- Eye Level: Night at the Museum II: Escape from the ...
- Eye Level: Jamaica Kincaid on Being Kept In
- Eye Level: Night at the American Art Museum
- Eye Level: Family Ties at the Renwick Gallery