Artists on WPA
Born: Borisoglebsk, Russia 1899
Died: New York, New York 1974
oil on canvas 36 1/8 x 42 1/8 in. (91.7 x 107.0 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Moses Soyer
Smithsonian American Art Museum
1st Floor, South Wing
Architecture Interior - studio
Figure group - artist and model
History - United States - Depression Era
Object - art tool - artist's brush
Object - art tool - palette
Object - furniture - chair
Occupation - art - painter
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - New York City
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Moses Soyer
Born: Borisoglebsk, Russia 1899 Died: New York, New York 1974
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Q and Art: William H. Johnson and the WPA ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Highlighting Women Sculptors
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Stanton Macdonald-Wright and his ...
- Eye Level: A Momentous Seventy-Fifth Art Anniversary
- Eye Level: Preserving William H. Johnson's Works of Art on ...
- Eye Level: No Crystal Stair: African American Art
- Eye Level: 1934 All Over Again
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Michael Maglaras, Director of ...
- Eye Level: Thanksgiving, 1969 by Werner Drewes
- Eye Level: Music for an Exhibition: Sounds of 1934