The Artist as Model (The Artist at Stone)
1942 Benton Spruance Born: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1904 Died: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1967 lithograph on paper image: 11 3/8 x 14 1/8 in. (28.9 x 36.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1966.66.10 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - studio
Figure group - artist and model
Figure - fragment - skeleton
Object - other - writing tool
Occupation - art - painter
Occupation - art - printmaker
Portrait male - Spruance, Benton Murdoch - self-portrait
Recreation - leisure - smoking
graphic arts - print
About Benton Spruance
Born: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1904 Died: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1967
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Luis Jimnez, 19402006
- Eye Level: Pomp and Circumstance
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Why Are There Holes ...
- Eye Level: Film Premiere: Curious Worlds: The Art and ...
- Eye Level: Best of Both Worlds: Isamu Noguchi
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The Lincoln Memorial
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The History of ...
- Eye Level: Let's Begin Black History Month with Edmonia ...