Portrait of a Lady
ca. 1800 Attributed to P. E. Stroëhling Born: Dusseldorf, Germany 1768 Died: London, England watercolor on ivory sight 2 x 1 5/8 in. (5.1 x 4.1 cm) oval Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Catherine Walden Myer Fund 1959.7.21 Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
Painted around the beginning of the nineteenth century, this portrait shows a romantic profile of a young lady with a scarf wrapped carelessly around her disheveled hair.
Portrait female - unidentified - bust
Portrait female - unidentified - child
painting - miniature
paint - watercolor
Born: Dusseldorf, Germany 1768 Died: London, England
More works in the collection by
Attributed to P. E. Stroëhling
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Picture This: Conserving a Lady
- Eye Level: Lights, Camera, Action! Antiques Roadshow in the ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: Antiques Roadshow at American Art
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Silhouettes
- Eye Level: Annie Leibovitz's State of the Union
- Eye Level: A Humorous Streak to The Art of Romaine Brooks
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Picture This: A Family Day for the Presidents
- Eye Level: Transcending Time
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's ...