Born: Saunderstown, Rhode Island Colony, 1755
Died: Boston, Massachusetts 1828
oil on canvas 30 x 25 in. (76.2 x 63.5 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Adams-Clement Collection, gift of Mary Louisa Adams Clement in memory of her mother, Louisa Catherine Adams Clement
Smithsonian American Art Museum
2nd Floor, East Wing
Occupation - political - president
Portrait male - Adams, John - bust
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Gilbert Stuart
Born: Saunderstown, Rhode Island Colony, 1755 Died: Boston, Massachusetts 1828
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: Pilgrimage: Five Questions with Annie Leibovitz
- Museum Podcasts / American Art
- Eye Level: Luce Design: Five Questions with Street Artist ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: A Family Day for the Presidents
- Eye Level: Annie Leibovitz's State of the Union
- Eye Level: Footprints and Thumbprints: Robert Rauschenberg ...