ca. 1935-1939 Charles Surendorf Born: Richmond, Indiana 1906 Died: 1979 wood engraving on paper image: 3 x 3 3/8 in. (7.6 x 8.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Jean Nichols 1974.38.108 Not currently on view
Architecture - domestic - house
Cityscape - street
Figure(s) in exterior - urban
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - California
graphic arts - print
paper - laid paper
About Charles Surendorf
Born: Richmond, Indiana 1906 Died: 1979
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (1)
- Eye Level: In This Case: Visitor's Choice #1
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: Seeing Things (1)
- Eye Level: Come Play With Us: Five Questions (+1) with Game ...
- Eye Level: New Acquisition: On The Road with Allan D' ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: Conserving a ...
- Necessary variables defined elsewhere. Noted here for ...
- Past Webcasts / American Art
- Eye Level: Mark Newport: Self-Made Man
- Eye Level: Conservation: Cleaning Hiram Powers' Greek ...