ca. 1910 Henry Ossawa Tanner Born: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 1859 Died: Paris, France 1937 pencil and conte crayon on paper sheet: 8 1/2 x 8 3/8 in. (21.7 x 21.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Norman Robbins 1983.95.34 Not currently on view
Ethnic - African-American
Occupation - art - painter
Occupation - art - printmaker
Portrait male - Tanner, Henry O. - self-portrait
Portrait male - Tanner, Henry O. - waist length
crayon - conté crayon
paper - wove paper
About Henry Ossawa Tanner
Born: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 1859 Died: Paris, France 1937
More works in the collection by
Henry Ossawa Tanner
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Romaine Brooks: Gray Matters
- Eye Level: The Initiative
- Eye Level: Walk on Water, Please!
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk with Jackie Hoysted
- Eye Level: Roz Chast on Charles Addams: Laughter, Tears ...
- Eye Level: No Mojitos
- Eye Level: Art Conservation: A Look Inside Pio Casimiro ...
- Eye Level: Multiplicity: Five Questions with Joann Moser