1940 Antoinette G. Thwaites Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1908 Died: Santa Fe, New Mexico 1991 opaque watercolor, watercolor and pencil on paper sheet: 17 1/2 x 23 1/8 in. (44.3 x 58.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the General Services Administration 1974.28.279 Not currently on view
Animal - horse
Architecture Exterior - farm - silo
Figure male - full length
Landscape - farm
Landscape - plant - corn
Object - vegetable - corn
Occupation - farm - harvesting
New Deal - Treasury Section of Painting and Sculpture
About Antoinette G. Thwaites
Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1908 Died: Santa Fe, New Mexico 1991
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Grant Wood's Studio
- Eye Level: The Farm Workers' Altar is Prepared for Exhibition
- Eye Level: Thanksgiving, 1969 by Werner Drewes
- Eye Level: American Art in a Global Context SAAM ...
- Eye Level: Live from the Farmer's Market
- Eye Level: Happy Birthday to Clarice Smith (the Lecture ...
- Eye Level: Smithsonian Horticulturalists Talk About American ...
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: Remembering Mel Casas (1929-2014)