19th century Unidentified charcoal and marble dust on paper 13 1/8 x 18 1/8 in. (33.3 x 46.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.200 Not currently on view
Architecture - boat
Architecture - lighthouse
Waterscape - harbor
stone - marble
paper - wove paper
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: A Confederate ...
- Eye Level: Gaman: FDR and the Japanese American ...
- Eye Level: In this Case: More 1934 in the Luce Foundation ...
- Eye Level: Luce Center: Harold Weston's Building the United ...
- Eye Level: Kuniyoshi as Organizer
- Eye Level: Gaman and the Story of the Bird Pins
- Eye Level: Eye Level Wins MUSE Award
- Eye Level: The Ryder Moon
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Q&A with Tierney Sneeringer
- Eye Level: Yasuo Kuniyoshi: Bearing the Weight