ca. 1920 Unidentified carved and painted wood with mixed media 56 1/2 x 55 x 15 1/2 in. (143.5 x 139.7 x 39.4 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.302 Not currently on view
Animal - horse
animal parts - leather
fabric - burlap
metal - iron
readymade - bottlecap
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Clarice Smith Distinguished Lecture Series: Deborah ...
- Eye Level: Deborah Butterfield: Horsepower
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: A Ride for Liberty?
- Eye Level: The Marchbanks Calendar: December by Harry ...
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Marchbanks ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Pairing Art with Music
- Eye Level: In This Case: Catlin
- Eye Level: Scan the Man: Scanimation Book Event on June 14
- Eye Level: Picture This: A Dress to Change the World
- Eye Level: Cleaning Up Our Cowboy