ca. 1920-1950 Thomas Vigil Born: Tesuque Pueblo, New Mexico Died: 1960 gouache and pencil on paper sheet: 12 1/2 x 9 5/8 in. (31.9 x 24.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Corbin-Henderson Collection, Gift of Alice H. Rossin 1979.144.61 Not currently on view
Ceremony - dance - War Dance
Dress - ceremonial - Indian dress
Ethnic - Indian
paint - gouache
About Thomas Vigil
Born: Tesuque Pueblo, New Mexico Died: 1960
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Party Like It's 1865!
- Eye Level: Kuniyoshi as Organizer
- Eye Level: Gaman and the Story of Isamu Noguchi
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's ...
- Eye Level: Cory Arcangel and Media Arts at American Art
- Eye Level: Thomas Day: Man, Maker, Mogul
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: Movies at SAAM: The New York Latino Film ...
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday
- Eye Level: Americans in Paris