ca. 1920-1925 Thomas Vigil Born: Tesuque Pueblo, New Mexico Died: 1960 watercolor and pencil on paper sheet: 11 5/8 x 14 1/2 in. (29.5 x 36.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Corbin-Henderson Collection, Gift of Alice H. Rossin 1979.144.62 Not currently on view
Ceremony - dance - Women's Dance
Dress - ceremonial - Indian dress
Ethnic - Indian
Figure group - female
Object - musical instrument - drum
paint - watercolor
About Thomas Vigil
Born: Tesuque Pueblo, New Mexico Died: 1960
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Women in Jazz
- Eye Level: Party Like It's 1865!
- Eye Level: Luce Foundation Center's Local Artist Talks: The ...
- Eye Level: Isadora Duncan
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged Community Showcase: Five ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Halloween Costumes
- Eye Level: Silent Film With an Emphasis on Sound