ca. 1935-1943 Mortimer Borne Born: Rypin, Poland 1900 Died: Nyack, New York 1987 drypoint on paper plate: 10 x 7 7/8 in. (25.4 x 20.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Jean Nichols 1974.38.3 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - commercial - tavern
Object - furniture - chair
Object - furniture - table
Recreation - cafe
Recreation - leisure - conversation
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - New York City
graphic arts - print
paper - wove paper
About Mortimer Borne
Born: Rypin, Poland 1900 Died: Nyack, New York 1987
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Picture This: Star Trek in Our Kogod Courtyard
- Eye Level: We've Got Something for You at the Renwick This ...
- Eye Level: Conversation Pieces: The Value of Dialogue in Art ...
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games: Announcing GameFest
- Eye Level: Picture This: PaikBot's Virtual Travels
- Eye Level: Next Up: The Artist
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: Kogod and Flickr
- Eye Level: Why Fi? Hotspots and Cool Spaces at American Art
- Eye Level: Luce Design: Five Questions with Street Artist ...