On Top of the World
n.d. James E. Allen Born: Louisiana, Missouri 1894 Died: Larchmont, New York 1964 etching on paper plate: 12 1/2 x 9 in. (31.6 x 22.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the family of James E. Allen 1972.74.16 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - industry - construction
Cityscape - bird's eye view
Figure male - full length
Occupation - industry - construction
graphic arts - print
About James E. Allen
Born: Louisiana, Missouri 1894 Died: Larchmont, New York 1964
More works in the collection by
James E. Allen
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut, Part II
- Eye Level: Material World: The Renwick Invitational
- Eye Level: Sam Francis
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (8): People in the Sun by Edward ...
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: On Thornton Dial (1928-2016)
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: The Art of Video Games: Five Questions for Chris ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: A Conversation ...
- Eye Level: Pop Goes the Critic: Christopher Knight on Andy ...