ca. 1887-1893 J. Alden Weir Born: West Point, New York 1852 Died: New York, New York 1919 etching on paper plate: 8 7/8 x 7 in. (22.5 x 17.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Brigham Young University 1972.84.112 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - domestic
Figure female - waist length
Recreation - leisure - reading
graphic arts - print
About J. Alden Weir
Born: West Point, New York 1852 Died: New York, New York 1919
More works in the collection by
J. Alden Weir
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In This Case: Highlighting Women Sculptors
- Eye Level: Portraits of Women Artists
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Women in Jazz
- Eye Level: Conserving Duane Hanson's Woman Eating
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (10): Woman With Red Mouth
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (14): Eric Fischl's Tumbling Woman
- Eye Level: Conservation: Materials and Materiality in Eric ...
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Duane Hanson's ...