Dance of Death
ca. 1919 Claggett Wilson Born: Washington, District of Columbia 1887 Died: New York, New York 1952 watercolor and pencil on paperboard image: 16 3/4 x 22 1/2 in. (42.5 x 57.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Alice H. Rossin 1981.163.12 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - detail - fence
Figure group - male
History - United States - World War I
Occupation - military - soldier
State of being - death
paint - watercolor
About Claggett Wilson
Born: Washington, District of Columbia 1887 Died: New York, New York 1952
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Isadora Duncan
- Eye Level: The Empirical Cornell
- Eye Level: Abraham Thomas: New Curator-in-Charge at ...
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Purvis Young's The Struggle
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Celebrating The First Lady of ...
- Eye Level: Film Screening: Aves: Magnificent Frigate Bird ...
- Eye Level: Stumbled Upon: Alma Thomas