The Sky Man
1932 James E. Allen Born: Louisiana, Missouri 1894 Died: Larchmont, New York 1964 etching and drypoint on paper plate: 12 3/8 x 8 7/8 in. (31.5 x 22.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the family of James E. Allen 1972.74.15 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - industry - construction
Cityscape - bird's eye view
Figure male - full length
Occupation - industry - construction
graphic arts - print
About James E. Allen
Born: Louisiana, Missouri 1894 Died: Larchmont, New York 1964
More works in the collection by
James E. Allen
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Marchbanks Calendar: December by Harry ...
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Marchbanks ...
- Eye Level: Fathers and Sons: Ralph and Marc Fasanella
- Eye Level: The Threads That Connect the Stars: Poet Martín ...
- Eye Level: American Pictures: Jules Feiffer on Fred Astaire
- Eye Level: Steven Spielberg on Norman Rockwell and the ...
- Eye Level: Plastics in Pop Art Prints
- Eye Level: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's Second Inauguration
- Eye Level: In This Case: One More Snow Day
- Eye Level: Mingering Mike: Just for the Record