By the Sea
1968 Robert Broderson Born: West Haven, Connecticut 1920 Died: Independence, Virginia 1992 oil on canvas 60 x 63 3/8 in. (152.5 x 161.0 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Sara Roby Foundation 1985.30.68 Not currently on view
Animal - bird - gull
Animal - cat
Animal - dog
Figure group - male
Figure male - child
Landscape - coast
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Robert Broderson
Born: West Haven, Connecticut 1920 Died: Independence, Virginia 1992
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: One Artist/One Object: Ubaldo Vitali's Silver Lining
- Eye Level: Lino Tagliapietra: Wedded to Glass
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: Hiroshi Sugimoto (Part II)
- Eye Level: Picture This: A Photo by Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Eye Level: Ryders on the Storm: Celebrating the Art of Albert ...
- Webcast of Trevor Paglen, Clarice Smith Distinguished ...
- Eye Level: Stephanie Stebich Appointed New SAAM Director
- Eye Level: The Ryder Moon
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Judith Schaechter's The Birth of ...