Black and White Drawing
1951 Gandy Brodie Born: New York, New York 1924 Died: New York, New York 1975 brush and ink on paper sheet: 10 5/8 x 13 3/4 in. (27.0 x 34.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. and Mrs. David K. Anderson, Martha Jackson Memorial Collection 1980.137.8 Not currently on view
About Gandy Brodie
Born: New York, New York 1924 Died: New York, New York 1975
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Drawing the Curtain on the Running Fence
- Eye Level: Drawing on Love: Artists' Love Letters
- Eye Level: Good Enough to Eat: Thanksgiving Menu by ...
- Eye Level: Let's Begin Black History Month with Edmonia ...
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: In This Case: African American Artists
- Eye Level: American Pictures: Jules Feiffer on Fred Astaire
- Eye Level: Groove is in the Heart
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Romaine Brooks: Gray Matters