It Makes the Dead Sing
ca. 1930 Romaine Brooks Born: Rome, Italy 1874 Died: Nice, France 1970 charcoal and pencil on paper sheet: 18 1/2 x 12 1/4 in. (47.1 x 31.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the artist 1968.90.35 Not currently on view
Performing arts - music - voice
State of being - death
About Romaine Brooks
Born: Rome, Italy 1874 Died: Nice, France 1970
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Stephanie ...
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: Five Questions with Anne Bouie
- Museum Podcasts - What's It All Mean: William T. Wiley in ...
- Eye Level: Docents Look Back on 40+ Years at SAAM
- Eye Level: Groove is in the Heart
- Eye Level: The World According to Wiley