1925 James E. Allen Born: Louisiana, Missouri 1894 Died: Larchmont, New York 1964 etching on paper plate: 4 5/8 x 2 1/8 in. (11.9 x 5.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the family of James E. Allen 1972.74.51 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - commercial - store
Architecture Exterior - domestic
Dress - accessory - hat
Figure - bust
graphic arts - print
About James E. Allen
Born: Louisiana, Missouri 1894 Died: Larchmont, New York 1964
More works in the collection by
James E. Allen
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Clarice Smith Lectures / American Art
- Eye Level: In Closing: The Impact of Nam June Paik on ...
- Eye Level: Introducing Paikbot!
- Eye Level: Museum: A Tale of Art, Life and Everything In ...
- Eye Level: SAAM Acquires Six Major Works by Bill Traylor