Head of a Man
late 19th-early 20th century Unidentified fired clay 7 3/8 x 4 7/8 x 6 1/8 in. (18.7 x 12.4 x 15.6 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.34 Not currently on view
Figure male - head
decorative arts - ceramic
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Our Man in Haiti
- Eye Level: George Washington: His Head in the Clouds
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Pairing Art with Music
- Eye Level: Fathers and Sons: Ralph and Marc Fasanella
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: Family Ties at the Renwick Gallery
- Eye Level: The President
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: Hats Off, Hands On
- Eye Level: Pop Goes the Critic: Christopher Knight on Andy ...